Wednesday, May 11, 2016

movie poster

I am very pleased with the final result of this. I had trouble trying to make his head proportional in illustrator, like it was in my sketch. as I got deeper into this idea, I feel like I began to stray more from the saul bass feel. There are still some traces of it; however, it is nowhere near as minimalistic as saul bass's were.

I wasn't actively trying to create my own for throughout the duration of the project. As I began to copy the same letter to use other places i began to develop this blocky, imperfect font that really matches the style of my poster.

My idea with this poster was to introduce the character Captain Kirk. The story line of the show/movie is they're searching the galaxy for knowledge so I used the star in the top left corner as the sort of goal or motivation of their mission. I also included a famous phrase from the intro to the shows, which is "The Final Frontier."

In the end, even if it didn't follow the expectations exactly, I was very pleased with the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment