Wednesday, May 11, 2016

individual project

For my individual project, I made a record cover for one of my favorite bands: The Beatles. My goal was to use the andy warhol and pop art style to create some sort of image. To customize this project more towards me, I decided to make a Beatles album cover. I had already done a movie poster and making just a picture didn't seem satisfying or applicable enough. I initially was just planning on making the front of it but then I got to making it and decided I would do the whole thing.

I feel like I did especially well on Ringo's face (far right), unfortunately the picture was at an angle so it didn't split evenly but it still looks nice. On the front, in order to give it the feel of variety of color, I checker boarded it with warm and cool colors. I tried to make the middle and back follow the same style but there is a clear lack of planning shown. I do still like the back though. My idea came from the fact that the front the top half is their heads, knowing the quirkiness of the Beatles, why not make the back bottom half their legs? This could have been done a bit nicer but in the end it works quite well.
Now, as far as the top right hand corner goes I could not think of any ideas that hadn't already been used on other records, I am nowhere near pleased with it but due to time constraints and a change in plans theres not much I can do about it. for clarification, the black part would not be printed, it is only meant as a place holder for where the record would sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment