Sunday, December 6, 2015

Drop Shadow

In this project we worked with making shadows. Shadows can add a lot to a picture because it is one of those things that you notice the pictures is missing but you "can't put your finger on it". I think that this technique was very simple and the shadows were very realistic. I could have picked a better object because the bullet bill is angled upward and the tutorial was focused on something that is flat on the ground. If I would have done it without the tutorial I would not have thought to use the gradient to make it fade off and I would have most likely made it a hard edge. Through this tutorial I also have learned a new tool that I can see myself using plenty in the future, that would be the pixel lock tool which allows you to lock pixels so that it is restrained to that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment