Monday, November 2, 2015

Professional Article Review

The article has 4 major parts to it it starts with what is 2d animation, then it lists the different tools that animators use. The next part it goes over is the 12 laws of animation; squash and stretch, anticipation, staging, etc. then finally it finishes off with the process. The main things that the author argues is that 2d animation and 3d animation are different in the idea that 3d animation utilizes more "fancy digital models" and "virtual spaces". The other thing that the author argues is that 2d animation is generally always done the same other then a few slightly different techniques. the author supports both of these claims with lists of the tools and processes. The article's weakness is that it doesn't necessarily take a side on anything but instead is a neutral paper. Its strength would be that it is very thorough in its lists. The author's conclusion is that 2d animation is the same whether it is done at home or a professional studio. My critique on this article would be that the main points, as far as an argument perspective go, were not very significant. I find that the evidence is convincing and as an animator I can improve my animations by going through the same processes that professional animators use. I understand the article very well. I really liked this article even if I had to dig for a claim because I feel as though this can help me in making better animations.

No comments:

Post a Comment