Sunday, December 6, 2015

My Personal Logo







Step 1
The first step I went through was a Design brief where essentially I said that I was making a logo that was going to revolve around music and I wanted it to represent expensive or high quality things. I also wanted simplicity


Step 2
I researched how this had been done before and came across the idea for a sound wave so it gives the high quality feel without tying me down to one aspect. Lots of the logos were red or orange like the one to the left but I was going for more of a mellow feel.



I then came across the logo to the right and found that I like the light blue's calmer feel paired with the simplicity of this logo. I then googled the values associated with each color and found that teal Has an "expensive","trustworthy" and "creative" symbolism associated with it.


I also recreated the adidas logo following a tutorial, and was very happy with the way that I turned out.









Step 3

I worked with a lot of different ideas before I finally narrowed it down to sound waves. my big revelation was when I found that my "H" fits into my "M" which I then combined with the sound wave Idea I had 




Step 4

I began by trying to make my logo with the pen tool but soon saw that that wouldn't work

Online I found a tool that could make sound waves from a line and I used that and expanded it and edited the line to create a growing and decaying sound wave with a "M" in the middle. From there I copied the line and flipped it over the x axis then created the "H" from the negative space.


However the "H" wasn't prevalent enough so I put it on a black background and made the "H" white and tested it with my word mark


I wasn't a big fan of the word mark so I got rid of it and put my logo in a circle to define the edges

Because I had been getting peer review along the way from people around me, when we did peer review as a class there weren't many suggestions. Alas, my logo is complete








No comments:

Post a Comment