Thursday, January 29, 2015

pathfinder testing


I have learned that with the pathfinder tool it is much easier to make organic shapes by combining ordinary shapes together or removing a shape from another like a cookie cutter. And with that I learned that there are a lot more possibilities with illustrator then I had initially thought. A good application for this would be if you wanted to make a logo or design using the negative space of the piece you were working on you could just use the pathfinder and cut a design out of a solid shape.

To the left is what I tested, I tried using the same shapes for each function to compare them and see what I could come up with. To the right I tried using the pathfinder to make a guitar. I started with a rounded rectangle and added an ellipse to the bottom then just cut out the shape using other pieces. At one point it was unproportional so I cut it in half then sized it down and used the pathfinder to put it right back together. This will probably be my most used tool on illustrator.

1 comment:

  1. Thats good that you understood and found a strength that will help you in the long run.

    ReplyDelete