Friday, January 30, 2015

Custom logo


The scope of the project.

I began process of studying the content in this logo when we started studying color psychology. This logo is a monochromatic logo for two reasons. The first reason is because I wanted the logo to appear to be three dimensional and I accomplished that by making it look like light was reflecting off one side and a shadow was on the other. The other reason is because I wanted a simple object that didn't look messy with too many colors. The reason I chose blue was because out of all qualities a company could have I feel trust is the key and blue represents trust.

The Next part of this logo are the shapes involved. The first is the circle, with it it allows a picture to feel like a logo by making it all one clean shape. The main shape I think in this would be the square, even though it isn't a real square the triangles make it appear as if it is a square. I like the square because it is a strong shape and its very equal. I also really like the triangle so I really wanted to use it. I decided on making it more in the background but still present. I didn't want to make it the focal point because even though its the strongest in nature, it still gives a kind of off putting feel. Over all as a three dimensional shape I liked the one that was in a video were it wasn't 90 or 45 degrees and it was just a little tilted so I tried to give a similar effect to mine.

Finally the "M" on the top is probably the most straight forward part of my logo. I used two 8th Notes and bended the arm between to create an M. The reason I did this is because I wanted it to reflect music because hopefully I will own a music related company.

What I learned during this project

What I was taught in this project was how to create or change every aspect of a design or logo to convey the feeling or message. For example if you were making a logo for a bank you would want a blue square because blue symbolizes trust and a square shows strength or support. Something that I learned on my own in this project was how to use the scale tool to orient the M so it appears as if it were actually on the plane of the object.

What I would do differently next time

The one thing I would think that I may do differently if I did this again would be, I would make it a little more exact or maybe center it differently. The Next time I could also try a different color scheme or just a different color.

What I would do the same

I would mostly Try and do everything else the same. I would definitely keep the M that I made and I would use the same shapes in it as well. Over all I really liked the outcome of my logo.

1 comment: